Catching a few lobsters...
/ Matte Painting First Pass & Website Fixes Round 1

This blog post is exciting for a number of reasons. First, I like to think this is a great looking matte painting–

This effect actually started much larger, but most of it ended up eclipsed by the rocks. There’s significantly more image behind the rocks. I also did a little bit of compositing to match the lighting on the ship to the lighting in the sky. I know it’s a simple gamma adjust, but hey, I did it. As a cinemagraph, I think it’s a neat starting place.
This post is also tagged WEBSITE because it marks our first ever autoplaying and looping embeded video. Now that I’ve figured out how to ensure this code works, I’ll be retroactively applying it to all of the videos on this website. This is just one of the many fixes that’ll be happening to the website in the next couple of days, so stay tuned for what will surely become the pinnacle of Senior Project team websites.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top